Fellow IVR Nuclear Safety Engineer 2020-316-HAINC-CI
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for IVR Nuclear Safety Engineers to support the SRNS Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering organization in the development, review, and implementation of nuclear safety documentation for various facilities at the Savannah River Site. Provide technical assistance in developing and reviewing nuclear safety documents and analyses, technical safety requirements, and related technical support documentation. Ensure that the developed nuclear safety documentation complies with requirements and as necessary, applicable controls are implemented in field procedures. Conduct Nuclear Safety Program assessments, facility Readiness Assessments (RAs), and Implementation Verification Reviews (IVRs).
Duration/Work Schedule: Part-time position on an "as-needed, as-available" basis. Estimated annual work is 800 hours per year.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education: BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Science. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate a minimum of 15 years of recent experience in the nuclear safety industry through support of the Department of Energy (DOE) or the commercial nuclear industry. Alternate combination of education and experience will be considered where candidate has an advance degree.
- Familiar with Nuclear Safety Programs and considered a Nuclear Safety Subject Matter Expert.
- Previous experience in performing and/or evaluating nuclear operations. Proficient in performing Nuclear Safety Program assessments, facility RAs, and IVRs.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems in the field. Previous experience with the use and implementation of 10 CFR 830, DOE O 413.3, DOE O 420.1, and related directives and standards is required.
- Previous experience in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SRS safety basis documents is preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate personal accountability for facility/project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work.