Electrical/I&C Engineer 2020-434-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to perform duties supporting UCOR projects and/or Electrical Engineering Program function. Project locations can include Heritage Center, ORNL and Y-12, but primarily is designed for ORNL Nuclear Operations projects. Duties to include:
- Prepare and review engineering calculations including Arc Flash calculations;
- Develop electrical and instrumentation engineering change documentation, and associated drawings/sketches;
- Incorporate electrical system changes into facility red line drawings and oversee the drawing revisions;
- Assist with development of maintenance work packages as well as new construction and process proposed changes from operations/maintenance;
- Provide technical oversight of electrical and I&C field activities including troubleshooting, design changes, repairs and new installation;
- Assist with the development, review, and approval of scopes of work, technical specifications, sole source justifications, purchase orders and other procurement aspects within the electrical scope;
- Troubleshoot electrical and I&C systems;
- Interpret electrical codes and provide guidance as needed;
- Other electrical and I&C engineering duties as necessary and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or a related field, preferred;
4+ years experience in electrical and/or I&C systems design, installation, troubleshooting, and repairs/renovations;
- Familiarity with and experience in implementation of NFPA 70 National Electric Code.
- Experience in providing technical oversight and direction of work performed by electricians.
- Experience in providing support to the preparation and implementation of work packages for modifications, repairs, or upgrades to electrical and I&C systems.
- Experience in development of engineering change documentation for changes to existing electrical and I&C systems.
Familiarity with common instrumentation and control components for pumping systems, liquid flow monitoring, liquid level sensing, and alarm conditions monitoring.
- Experience specifying or procuring electrical equipment items that are listed, labeled or recognized by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory.
- Experience in designing with Safety Integrity Level / Safety Instrumented Functions preferred.
- Functional with MS Word, Excel and Outlook software.
- Ability to obtain an 'L' or 'Q' clearance if needed but not required to apply.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.