Electrical Engineer 4 2021-155-HSPS-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer rafting Technician to support various missions at N3B.
The candidate shall support the Systems Engineering and Procedures Manager. As an Electrical Engineer assigned to Systems Engineering, the candidate will serve as the subject matter expert and Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) for the N3B Electrical Safety Program. The candidate is expected to support electrical engineering design, installation, inspection, and acceptance for N3B facilities and activities.
While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, the Electrical Engineer will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety, security and quality an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for:
- Serving as the Authority Having Jurisdiction for the N3B Electrical Safety Program.
- Performing power system studies including short circuit and arc flash analyses.
- Serving as the Subject Matter Expert on electrical codes and standards.
- Providing oversight and technical guidance on electrical designs.
- Inspecting and accepting electrical installations as an agent for the N3B Building Official.
- Implementing the N3B Conduct of Engineering Program.
Work Location: Work will be performed at N3B offices in 1200 Trinity and remotely.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated broad-based experience with electrical design in new or existing facilities.
- Significant experience with electrical systems in non-reactor, nuclear facilities.
- Significant experience in the application of national codes and standards for electrical engineers including the IBC, NEC, and NFPA 70E.
- Demonstrated experience as an electrical inspector.
- Professional Engineer certification in Electrical Engineering.
- Proficient in MS Office to include MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.