Electrical Design Engineer 2018-459-HAINC-CI
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a Electrical Design Engineers to apply advanced science, technology and engineering concepts to design, analyze, and model a structure, system or component (SSC) through preparation of releasable drawings, specifications and other design documents. Develop solutions to complex problems or creates innovations through adaption of emerging technological developments or processes. Be aware of and apply the latest technologies and engineering tools to the design effort. Plans and conducts efforts on complex assignments or projects. Review progress and evaluates results. May lead or direct major complex projects. Act in liaison capacity with other departments, divisions and branches. Evaluate progress and results and recommends major changes in procedures. Integrate safety into all aspects of the engineering designs. Be totally committed to safety in the workplace for yourself and for others. Support the Client's Safety program goals for maintaining a safety conscious work environment.including active participation in safety programs and activities. Maintain a working knowledge of the Federal and State Orders and Regulations, National Consensus Codes and Standards, and quality assurance. environment, safety and security requirements. Subject matter expert in area of specialty. Provide technical consulting and peer review within area of expertise to other engineers. Applies continuous improvement process to promote positive changes in practices, programs, and procedures.
Anticipated Start Date: Spring 2019.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college plus 15 years relevant experience or applicable Master’s plus 13 years relevant experience, or applicable Doctorate plus 9 years of relevant experience.
- Has excellent communication and negotiation skills; can effectively write reports and make presentations and productively interface with customer.
- Participates in continuing education, maintains and enhances technical capability and continues to acquire competence in engineering disciplines.
- Experience and proficiency with power distribution design and analysis programs such as SKM Powertools.
- Experience and proficiency with all aspects of power distribution, grounding, lightning protection, lighting, and cathodic protection.