Design Control Process Engineers 2022-531-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are seeking five System Design Engineers who will focus on nuclear plant design engineering process development, oversight, and maintenance. In this role, candidates will support TerraPower’s Natrium Demonstration Reactor Project. The successful candidate will integrate and coordinate with engineers working on interfacing systems. The System Design Engineer will work as part of a high-performing team of engineers and scientists.
- Provide oversight to partners and subcontractors developing mechanical system designs for the Natrium reactor.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of procedures, forms, work guides, tools, and training material related to design control, configuration management, and other engineering processes.
- Identify, raise, and resolve inconsistencies and deficiencies in existing processes and procedures, including initiation and resolution of condition reports.
- Assist area leads, engineering teams, and other project staff in understanding and implementing Natrium processes and procedures.
- Support planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for design activities
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
Duration: ~ 12 months.
Work Location: Remote
Key Qualifications and Skills
- B.S. or higher in relevant engineering discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years direct experience in an Engineering work environment.
- Knowledge of quality program design and configuration management principles, practices, and tools.
- Experience in writing and maintaining technical project procedures and training.
- Experience with ANSI/NIRMA CM 1.0 and 10 CFR 50 Appendix B control programs preferred.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to perform both individually and as a team contributor.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.