Dangerous Waste Permitting Engineer 2018-375-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified Dangerous Waste Permitting Engineer to support the Waste Treatment Plant at the Hanford Site.
• Responsible for analyzing environmental regulations and statutes as well as supporting development of innovative approaches to technical problems.
• Participate in requirement identification, allocation, tracing, and preparation of implementing documents in accordance with the Bechtel requirements management processes, procedures, and data management system (IBM Rationale DOORS®).
• Support to the requirement area manager with requirement interpretations and flow down of activity level requirements to implementing organizations (e.g., Commissioning).
• Support development and maintenance of procedures for a wide range of environmental applications on project including waste management, preparation of permits, permit modifications, plans, and reports.
• Support implementation of the project-level environmental management program.
• Perform programmatic oversight of project activities to monitor compliance with environmental requirements along with implementation of WTP environmental programs and policies.
• Interact with WTP project, DOE, and regulatory agency personnel in the resolution of regulatory issues and special initiatives.
• Provide technical assistance to other Environmental Protection personnel.
Period of Performance: ~3 months.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
• Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in an engineering or science field from an accredited university and six plus years of environmental related experience; or in lieu of a degree, high school diploma or equivalent and twelve plus years of environmental related experience.
• Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to plan and schedule assigned work and complete tasks on time.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical (if located at the construction site), and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
• Must have the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Must be able to obtain a Department of Energy badge for access to the Hanford Site.
• Working knowledge of Access, Visio, and Power Point.
• Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities.
• Experience with the application of air quality, water quality, waste management, and Department of Transportation regulations in an operational setting.
• Previous experience working with regulatory agencies and demonstrating environmental compliance.
• Previous experience developing and maintaining an IS014001 compliant environmental management system.