CSA Engineer (Civil/Structural) 2018-427-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a qualified Civil/Structural Engineer to perform the following:
Support of field engineering activities for ongoing construction work.
• Support resolution of construction problems identified to Engineering (via meetings, correspondence, field changes, NCRs, and CDRs) relating to the CS&A discipline.
• Originate or check Civil/Structural engineering dispositions based on review of engineering deliverables such as steel and concrete calculations, Finite Element Analysis of structures, and specifications.
• Reviews and coordinates technical documents with/from other engineering disciplines, procurement, and construction.
• Schedule and monitor work activities and manage specifically assigned project activities.
• Assist in constructability reviews.
Period of Performance: ~ 12 month.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• B.S. in Structural/Civil engineering from an accredited university a minimum of one year related professional experience.
• Work experience should be directly related to the detailed design of steel and concrete structures.
• Thorough knowledge and application of the AISC Steel Construction Manual, ACI318, and ASCE 7.
• Ability to utilize office automation tools effectively. Knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings, specifications, and material requisitions and of construction methods for concrete and steel structures.
• Familiar with work processes of other disciplines and departments on projects.
• Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
• Ability to resolve design issues with subordinates, suppliers, other engineering disciplines, construction, and the
• Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check.
• Must have the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
• Must be able to obtain a Dept. of Energy badge for Hanford Site access.
• Knowledge of the provisions of ACI 349, AISC N690, ASCE 4-98, ASCE 7, and UBC codes.
• Previous structural design experience on other DOE Nuclear Projects.
• Necessary skills to present technical subjects with competence and confidence.
• Planning and organizational skills are essential. Excellent listening, oral, and written communication abilities.
• Passed the Engineer in Training (EIT) exam.