CONTAM Software Modeler (Principal Engineer) 2019-343-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for a qualified Software Engineer to provide CONTAM software modeling support to SRNS for creating a computer model for a nuclear facility ventilation system. The engineer required shall be very experienced at generating ventilation models using CONTAM software, specifically version 22.214.171.124., being able to export data in a readily understandable format from the CONTAM software, being capable of presenting the model and data to a grouping of senior management, and being able to work in a team with various design authority engineers in the creation and manipulation of the model to meet SRNS’s needs.
The system engineer shall provide technical baseline drawings and information of an existing facility ventilation system that the initial model will be generated from.
1. The modeler must have experience with modeling complicated ventilation systems and the ability to use field data to calibrate the model.
2. The model will be written using CONTAM version 126.96.36.199 software.
3. The model must be written with the ability to printout/export the run data to a file for presentations.
4. The modeler must save a copy of the baseline model and provide support to the system engineer in manipulating the model for various configurations in support of developing modification scenarios as specified by the system design authority. Each configuration must be saved and run data saved in a file that is easily identifiable to the revision of the model which generated the data.
5. Based on the project schedule it is desired that the Modeler have the capability of developing and using Iterative Convergence Routines/Scripts to assist in obtaining the final ventilation configuration for our project needs.
6. The final product to include a working model that is calibrated to ventilation system operating in the selected facility, a copy of the model that can be archived, reports showing the baseline operation of the facility, and reports of each of the modified configurations selected by the system design authority engineer.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.