Consultants and Specialist Management (Level 5) - Field Support 2022-695-HSPS-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are a seeking a Level 5 Consultant to support the Los Alamos Legacy Waste Cleanup (LLCC) Project, RCRA Remediation Program.
The RCRA Remediation Program is responsible for the investigation and remediation of the soil contamination. As DOE priorities change and funding becomes available projects will be moved into the contract and Base Period Performance Management Baseline (BPPMB) and will need to be planned in detail, including scheduling and estimating the work. Projects may also require oversight in the field of self-performed and subcontracted work. Reporting of completion of field work, results of investigations and remediation may also be required.
Candidates shall perform the following as assigned:
- Provide technical support for the planning, implementation and closeout of RCRA Remediation projects, including development of work/implementation plans, performance of environmental investigation, remediation, decommissioning and demolition, and required reporting
- Using existing reports and plans help the project manager develop an Investigation Work Plan or Field Implementation Plan
- Under N3B direction provide field oversight of self-performed or subcontracted work including record keeping and maintaining chain of custody for samples
- Provide input or quality assurance reviews of reports for completed investigations and remediation
Develop Project Planning Documents:
- Working with the Project Manager (PM), identify the scope of the assigned project.
- Evaluate the sites to be investigated and identify sufficient sampling so that if no contamination is found that nature and extent have been identified or additional sampling requirements would be minimal.
- Using existing reports and plans develop an Investigation Work Plan or Field Implementation Plan.
Provide Project Field Oversight):
- Provide field oversight of self-performed or subcontracted work including record keeping and maintaining chain of custody for samples.
Support Project Reporting:
- Provide input to reports for completed investigations and remediation.
- Provide quality assurance reviews of reports for completed investigations and remediation.
Regular Labor Hours: 1100 straight time and 270 hours overtime. The hours provided in this SOW are on an as needed basis.
Period of Performance: Award – April 29, 2023.
Place of Performance: The work can be performed remotely, except for the field work which must be performed at Los Alamos National Lab. Travel to be determined.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in a related field with 10 - 14 years of experience.
Individual should have:
- Experience planning environmental investigation and remediation
- Experience performing environmental investigation and remediation
- Knowledge of and experience with New Mexico Environment Department (NMED) and Department of Energy (DOE) requirements and processes
- Experience in the investigation and remediation of hazardous and radioactive wastes
- Ability to research historical documents and plans to determine the appropriate actions to meet NMED and DOE requirements for investigation and remediation
- Ability to review analytical data and determine the appropriate course of action for investigation or remediation
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and teams
- Understanding of integrated work control practices
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran or military status including disabled veterans and Vietnam era veterans, or other protected status. HukariAscendent maintains a drug-free workplace.