Conduct of Work Mentor 2019-417-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for qualified Conduct of Work Mentors to mentor and promote continual improvement in the conduct of work across a broad spectrum of work activities focusing on performing the work in a safe and compliant manner.
Under the cognizance of the assigned Vice President and Lead Mentor, mentor directors, managers, supervisors, and workers.
Demonstrate leading by example and continually mentor the organization on their soft skills (e.g. communication, teamwork, interpersonal relations etc.) to improve teamwork and communications both within the organization, within CHPRC and with the other Hanford contractors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the project in developing Conduct of Work Improvement Plans as needed.
- Provide conduct of work feedback and recommendations to the Department Vice President.
- Mentor operations, D&D, project, start-up, and readiness activities.
- Perform Conduct of Work mentoring in preparation for Readiness Assessment.
- Participate and provide insight for resolution of issues identified internally and externally in Conduct of Work.
- Observe work release activities, pre-job briefing, and post-jobs briefings.
- Observe implementation of the work, including communications, use of the work control document, identification of changes with associated responses, managing document changes, stop work, and interface with contractor/subcontractor elements.
- Provide on the spot coaching and real time feedback to personnel being mentored as needed.
- Observe work practices and habits within CHPRC, looking for common practices and areas for improvement.
Estimated Duration of Assignment: Date of Award through – 09/30/2020 with one year option.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A BA/BS degree in an engineering discipline or a combination of education and experience, with a minimum of 25 years of experience in the nuclear field (military, commercial or government) of which at least 15 of the 25 years are in Operations, Maintenance or RadCon.
Proven track record of management and leadership skills; with at least 15 years in leadership positions, preferably with subordinate managers and management of bargaining unit personnel.
Familiar with DOE order requirements with emphasis on DOE O 422.1, Conduct of Operations, and DOE O 425.1D, Verification of Readiness to Start Up or Restart Nuclear Facilities.
Recent (within the last 24 months) experience on DOE sites interfacing with contractor management and the DOE customer.