Application Support Engineer I/II 2021-457-HASLLC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and other Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer.
Under direct supervision, provides direct business support for multiple applications. Provides detailed personal advice and guidance to all users in the effective use of systems, products and services available to them; demonstrates ingenuity in applying knowledge to non-standard situations. Interface with service vendors to enhance support and application modification. Troubleshoot applications across different
programming languages and platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems reported by the business.
- Training end users across multiple functions (i.e. Finance, Work Planning, Nuclear Operations etc.).
- Prepare technical reports, test-cases, and instructional manuals as documentation to support development and project management.
- Implement and configure new and legacy systems.
- Systems analysis of the enterprise applications used on the site.
- Test systems before they are moved to production as needed to support business operations.
- Develop and provide reports for the business community.
- Operational support for generation of data files, databases, reports, prints, etc. in daily operations.
- Support and management of application workflow and data flow processes in support of the business.
- Maintains knowledge of and demonstrates ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and performs assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Actively participates in Safety Work Groups.
- BA/BS in Information Technology or Technical field and 0-2 years of related experience, or Associate in Information Technology or Technical field and 4 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Typical experience ranges from 0-3 years.
Work history and/or education commensurate with:
- Duties outlined in the position description
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and business needs.
- Strong understanding of the principles, practices, operations, and specialized vocabulary of the information technology industry
- Work in an office at a normal environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities or industrial field environments). May also work at off-project sites representing the organization at various types of locations throughout the community for business purposes. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
- Ability to perform sedentary to light work, exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (any exertion of force/lifting greater than 45 pounds requires usage of a two person “buddy system”), non-repetitive, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly, repetitive; performing such activities as lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing, pulling, standing, walking, grasping, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- Ability to perform primary office duties including heavy computer usage.
- In some cases radiological training may be required.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at https://www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.