Analytical Methods Technology (AMT) Engineer 2021-459-HAINC-CF
HukariAscendent is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business specializing in comprehensive engineering and technical support services associated with commercial nuclear power and Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear activities.
We are looking for an Analytical Methods Technology (AMT) Engineer to fill a role which contributes to company objectives in the field of reactor physics and thermal-hydraulic technology. It integrates and develops nuclear and thermal-hydraulic technologies, application methodologies, and supporting processes that meet business needs across the organization. Specifically, this includes NQA-1 qualification of nuclear physics and thermal-hydraulic computational software for fast reactors, code benchmarking, associated documentation, licensing activities, code deployment, and user support.
This role is within the Analytical Methods Technology team, which is responsible for the development, maintenance, analytics, and technical consultation of engineering computer codes, correlations, and methodologies related to Boiling Water Reactor (BWR), Pressurized Water Reactors (PWR), new reactor types, and advanced/fast reactors. AMT is also responsible for supporting customers with emergent questions in the areas of reactor thermal-hydraulics, heat transfer, two-phase flow, and instrumentation physics.
- Responsible for leading the technical development, accuracy and uncertainty qualification, testing, verification, regulatory licensing, and maintenance of analytical methods required for evaluation of steady-state and transient core/fuel performance of nuclear reactors.
- Work within an approved regulatory framework for nuclear software quality assurance for engineering computer programs.
- Prepare, document and present technical data to internal and external customers.
- Contribute to and lead team process improvements to drive speed and simplification.
- Communicate with internal/external users of the methods through support, documentation, and training.
- Ensure work is performed with high quality in accordance with NRC rules and regulations, customer requirements, and business quality assurance standards.
- Drive a team culture based on teamwork, integrity, candor, transparency, and execution on commitments.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate activities with other team members on engineering/technical issues.
- Assist and provide support to the team technical leader and functional manager to plan, status and execute projects.
- Support teams working in various time zones globally.
- Support the interface with various regulatory agencies (NRC, DOE, etc.) as appropriate.
- Honest and straightforward with a high level of personal integrity.
- Detail oriented and accountable for results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Displays a strong drive for continuous improvement.
- Displays an engaging, can-do, optimistic attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities, problem solving skills, and process skills.
Period of Performance: 12 months
Work Location: Remote; Local post pandemic
Qualifications / Requirements
- B.S. degree from an accredited university or college in nuclear engineering, physics, mathematics, or a closely related technical discipline.
- Six or more years of cumulative engineering experience.
Additional Desired Characteristics
- Ph.D. in computational methods, thermal-hydraulics, nuclear engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- Prior experience with neutronic methods (e.g., MCNP, ATTILA, PARTISN, MC2-3, DIF3D).
- Prior experience with thermal hydraulic methods (e.g., TRAC, RELAP5-3D, Fluent)
- Experience with software Commercial Grade Dedication in accordance with NQA-1.
- Programming experience with Fortran, C#, and Python.
- Working knowledge of nuclear reactor core licensing, technical specifications, safety margin bases, code methodology licensing, and related federal regulations.
- Publication of technical articles and/or patent applications.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions with speed and accuracy based on the best available information.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Legacy of delivering on commitments; tenacious, with a proven track record of overcoming obstacles; ability to achieve stretch targets.
- Strong external focus; clear and demonstrated understanding of nuclear industry and/or energy industry.
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, or equivalent quality certification.
HukariAscendent offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Opportunities with HukariAscendent change frequently. For a complete listing of our current openings, please visit our website at www.hukari.com.
HukariAscendent is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.